Click the tabs below to learn more
Location: St. Paul’s Parish Hall | Time: 9:00 a.m., on the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month (if one of these dates falls on a holiday call the church office at 615-893-3780 to discuss the change in schedule)
St. Paul’s CONNECT Ministry offers a supportive place for people to come and address their financial needs and other problems they may be facing. With a limited budget each session, we attempt to help as many as possible; gas for vehicles, bus tickets, food certificates, utility payments, prescription assistance, and rental assistance. Through focused listening, we will look for additional needs and offer direction to other suitable resources. Our hope is to offer CONNECTIONS to get people to a better place.
If looking for assistance you can connect with this ministry on the first and third Monday of each month at 9:00 a.m. to explain your need in person. For the board to make a decision on how to best grant assistance it is requested that any back-up documentation you can provide to support the requested assistance (i.e., lease agreement, utility bill, car note, etc.) along with personal identification.
Any questions in relation to the CONNECT Ministry whether it be for assistance or looking to support this ministry can either call our church office at 615-893-3780. If you would like to make a charitable donation to support the CONNECT Ministry you can give by clicking here or by mailing a check to our church office at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Attn: Parish Administrator, 116 N Academy St., Murfreesboro, TN 37130 with CONNECT Ministry written in the check memo.
- Our parish offers a drop-in emergency shelter program when overnight temperatures fall below 32℉ for homeless women without children. It provides food, a hot shower, a warm place to sleep, and compassion. The shelter runs from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on the nights it opens with a paid staff member from The Journey Home.
- If you feel called to make a donation for our Coldest Nights women’s emergency shelter you can click here to give online or mail a check to our address below with Coldest Nights in the memo.
- Our parish runs a quarterly food drive to either take in non-perishable food items or monetary donations.
- These food drives help maintain the stocks of non-perishable foods at the Rutherford County Emergency Food Bank available for underserved residents of Rutherford County. They are open Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and are located at 211 Bridge Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. Phone number: (615) 624-7297.
- Our monetary donations are given to Nourish Food Bank. This food bank does not base their eligibility on where clients live. To learn more about their eligibility requirements, along with how and where to get food visit their website.
- The Itty-Bitty Pantry
- Located next to St. Margaret’s Hall on Academy St., the pantry is a resource for those with a need for food and an outlet for those with a need to give. Anyone in the parish or neighborhood may donate items at any time by simply placing them in the pantry. Desired items are non-perishable foods and personal care items, including canned foods, pasta, socks, toothpaste (but no glass items or razors). These items are available free to anyone passing by who needs them.
- Meals at Journey Home
- The Journey Home is a Christian ministry that serves the homeless and disadvantaged of Rutherford County by helping to rehouse and provide resources and relationships that encourage faith, economic stability, wholeness, and reintegration into community life. TJH began in 2006 and last year served 1,200 individuals, providing them with basic needs with the ultimate goal of rehousing to foster stability and independence. Their Community Cafe feeds the homeless seven days a week and is run completely by volunteers. St. Paul’s is in charge of serving on the second and third Fridays, as well as the second Sunday, of each month.
Here is a list of other available resources in Rutherford County.
The list contains assistance resources in the categories of
- Rent & Utilities,
- Medical & Health,
- Job Search, and
- Other Resources, which includes
- veterans’ assistance,
- legal aid,
- and more.
A copy of this brochure can also be found in a clear box located on our church office door located at the front door of the Wall Building at 116 N. Academy Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130.