As families come to worship at St. Paul’s, we want them to feel welcomed and loved. Our Children’s Ministry strives to serve our church family by providing opportunities for Christian growth, service, and fellowship through high-quality programs and special events as well as opportunities for sharing faith at home. Together, we partner in the spiritual formation of your children. We hope that your family will join us at St. Paul's as we are formed into the body of Christ!
Family worship is vital at St. Paul’s. Children’s Church is a liturgical worship experience for children ages 3-½ through 8.
In the Children’s Church, children will:
- Hear a Bible story in child-friendly language
- Participate in preparation of the altar and the liturgy
- Engage in worship through music and various forms of prayer
- Learn the Lord’s Prayer
Parents can drop off children right before the 10:00 a.m. service at the Children’s Church room located upstairs in the Christian Education Room 2-1. If children attended Catechesis (Sunday School) at 9:00 a.m., the teachers will take them directly to Children's Church on your behalf. Then shortly after the sermon, children rejoin their families so you may worship together as a family during the celebration of Holy Communion.
St. Paul’s nursery is located in the wing connected to the nave (main worship space). Our paid and dedicated nursery staff are trained to work with our youngest parishioners. Led by Dierdri Matteson, Nursery Director and Special Needs Coordinator, our nursery staff provide a safe, caring, and nurturing environment.
The nursery is open for children (six weeks old to 5 years old) from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for parents participating in church programs on campus. Children of all ages are welcome in all worship services.
Nursery rooms are designated by age:
- Infant Room, up to 18 months
- Toddler Room, 18 months to 3 years
- Son-Shine Corner is for our children with special needs, any age, and our children three to five years old.
We also have stations in Son-Shine Corner to engage the child in activities related to the Catechesis lessons. If the parent prefers, he/she stays in Son-Shine Corner that day. We offer a Bible Story Time, snack and a small activity in both the Toddler Room and Son-Shine Corner each Sunday morning. There are small dry erase boards outside of each classroom to add the names of the teachers working in the rooms that day. This will ensure that the parents know exactly which teacher is working with their child that morning.
Parents’ Night Out
- Our nursery hosts a Parents’ Night Out once a month on the 3rd Friday of the month from 6:00 – 9:30 p.m. Each event has a theme that runs through all of the activities, snacks, games, and ends with a movie. This fun event not only provides a fun time for our children at the church, but it helps to give parents of young children a night to nurture their relationship with each other. This event is one of the ways St. Paul’s strives to care for our parishioners.
- Sign-ups for PNO is on the door of the nursery entrance and children must be signed by on the Monday before the Friday event. You can also sign up by filling out this form.
- The event is free, though donations can be made at the door.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (Sunday School)
- Level I: Age 3 through Kindergarten
- Level II: 1st through 3rd grade
- Level III: 4th & 5th Grade
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd forms the hearts and minds of our children into Christian faith. It is rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. Children gather in an atrium, a room prepared especially for them, which contains simple yet beautiful materials they use to help them absorb the crucial proclamations of the Christian Faith. The atrium is primarily a place of prayer and is intentionally designed with that in mind. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd joins adults and children in a common religious experience that values the childhood expressions of faith.
To learn more about the philosophy of Catechesis of the Good Shepard click here.
Catechesis (Sunday School) classes are held August through May on Sunday mornings from 9:00 - 9:50 a.m., 2nd floor Parish Hall.
A special community for third, fourth, and fifth graders who regularly gather for fellowship and fun.